Grandma Charlotte’s Bar-B-Q Sauce
Grandma
Charlotte’s Bar-B-Q Sauce
2 cups of ketchup
1-cup light brown
sugar
½-cup water
4 good shakes of Tabasco
sauce
4 good shakes of
chili powder
A few good shakes of
dry mustard
Salt
Whisk together and cook in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes
depending on how fast the sugar cooks, I do not add the salt but you might want
if you are canning it. Taste as you go I add more brown sugar, chili powder,
and Tabasco until I like the
balance.
Make two batches one for pouring over your meat and one to pour into a jar and use for a topping
Make two batches one for pouring over your meat and one to pour into a jar and use for a topping
| Finished |
| Water & Ketchup |
| Water, Ketchup, & chili powder |
| Water, Ketchup, dry mustard, chili powder, brown sugar, & hot sauce |
| Mixing well |
| Cooking in the microwave for 10 minutes or until sugar is cooked. |
Comments
Post a Comment